- the place of little gums - was established in the geographical centre of
Kangaroo Island in 1951 to provide commercial and logistic support to a regional
With its shopping and commercial centre, three churches and a community pub,
Parndana is the archetypal Australian country town, but its setting in an
island environment free of predatory pests and noxious flora gives it a distinct
edge on comparative mainland villages.
Even the road verges round Parndana harbour natural wildlife and burst into
a riot of spring wildflowers. The Parndana Wildlife Park, just 3km west of
town, conserves Kangaroo Island’s largest privately owned collection
of native animals
Only inland town on the island and the newest. It has become a thriving agricultural centre.