Myalup or Myarlup as it was known in 1846, refer to land around Myalup Swamp
east of the Old Coast Road and farmed principally by the Crampton and later
the Manning families. Over the years not only the farm but the whole district
became known as Myalup.
In 1940 the coastal land was found to be lacking in trace elements such as
copper, cobalt and zinc. The use of these improved farm land as it was also
found the flats of the region improved when lime was added.